This is no longer where my blog lives, please go to www.hannahnicklin.com to view my current one

(you can view all of my old posts there too)


2.7.09

Podtastic

After talking to @Documentally, and seeing the subtitling talk at Shift Happens (more on that in the next post), I have been thinking about doing some podcasts of my writing. As well as making it more accessible to visually impaired people, and a lot easier for people who are dyslexic (or just plain like people reading to them) it will give a window, hopefully, into how my writing sounds in my head. I think it's always interesting to hear the author read their own work, and it helps inform future reading too. It would be lovely to hear what you think about them, and if you think it's a nice/useful idea or not. I don't think I'll record all of my posts, but probably the creative pieces, and maybe the odd editorial style piece. Comment and let me know what you think would be useful!

Also, as well as being able to listen to the tracks here, I will eventually sort out popping them on iTunes, and you should also be able to subscribe to posts with audio in via rss to see the audio directly, I think... I'm working on it!

Intro








Sand


Poppies


That Place


You should be able to download the actual files by viewing this page in RSS, I think, but let me know if it's not working - if it isn't then I'll just hyperlink the titles.

And finally, if you want to see these pieces in good old black and white, see this post.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Hx

2 comments:

Documentally said...

This is a great idea.. Audio is way more accessible than text.. I would be tempted to say get an ipod touch with a mick though so you could Audioboo.. Then you can make use of apps and play lists like this..
http://ourmaninside.com/audio/
..and of course post your podcast in itunes automatically.

Hannah said...

Aha, have decided to swap networks and get myself an iPhone :-) So will definitely be audioboo-ing. This process was too complicated, and sound quality a little sketchy with my headset mic.