This is no longer where my blog lives, please go to www.hannahnicklin.com to view my current one

(you can view all of my old posts there too)


16.12.08

Last One.

So- that's it! Finished... very weird. First drafts to hand in to the Royal Court on the 15th, some other writing stuff looking nice and promising (though not holding my breath!) and I can finally maybe not be quite so poor without all of the travelling – oh and the time! 2 days a week back to do stuff with. I have a lot of stuff bubbling away in my brain at the moment- particularly a radio idea which I may start work on after the 15th of Jan- and then see if I can get in contact with the producer I know at the BBC to talk it over... so all in all I'm feeling nice and positive. Just about. It fluctuates so much -and is bound to take a dip when I get into redrafting – though having said that- this redraft should be a lot less stressful than Being Someone Else – I can see the problems, and it's a simpler idea, so hopefully it should feel good- honing it into a more demonstrative form! But, yes, the Royal Court YWP has been a brilliant experience- to make contact with the London 'scene' – to meet some nice fellow writers, make some friends, have a good reason to write and to keep my brain ticking over! The last session was finished with a really interesting conversation about if and how theatre can change people/the world. Really interesting- just skimmed the surface on it, but so interesting! I love discussing that kind of thing (though I probably came across as a bit odd).

And now it's Christmas! Yay! Love Christmas, looking forward to giving myself a week off, giving out cool presents, and not having to worry about where the food and heat is coming from! Oh and the countryside – miss it so much! Need to go on some nice long walks, maybe even a trip to the Yorkshire coast. Love it! So yes, this may be the last regular blog entry as I leave for home on Saturday the 20th, so thank you for reading along with me on this small blog journey, and onto the next I say!

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Hanxx


No comments: